Happy clients return to Forglass for an encore
When customers need to raise the working end, waist and canal monorails without disassembling the refractories, Forglass has offered its expertise in a number of demanding and unusual projects.
Having completed a similar project for the same client recently, Forglass was again approached to raise the working end, waist and canal monorails of the furnace in the client’s UK plant. This time, the total weight of the construction to be raised was well over 1000 tons.
The project includes:
- Preparing complete technical documentation for the scope of the project
- Fabrication and installation of support structure
- Selection and installation of a synchronous hydraulic system
- Modification and reinforcement of existing structure
- Synchronised raising of the Working End
Forglass will develop technical documentation, a model of the existing structures, drawings of supporting structures, calculations and necessary descriptions.
The synchronous hydraulic system used by Forglass guarantees a smooth and safe lifting of the entire structure. The pre-determined height of the raised structure will be confirmed at each of the control points.
Forglass has it’s own fabrication facilities that allows for great flexibility and agility in responding to clients’ needs – no matter how unusual or demanding.